CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Chinese New Year


That's so weird~! We were making dumplings on New Year's Eve but it didn't snow at all.This is the first time that I celebrated my Chinese new year outside of China.Actually I've never been outside of my home on this special day.
For Chinese , you maybe away from family,work or study so far away from your hometown all a year round , but you should be back home before the big dinner on New Year's Eve.Same as every year,they hold a big party at home that night, the only different is that Lily was not around .


I was the youngest child in my big family, from my grand parents to my cousin brothers,they love me so much.But I got a nephew in 2008,that means they should pay more attention on this new baby.But anyhow, they still miss me very much.
I went to the store and bought lots of things, because me and Hejing were going to take a big dinner of our own. Dumplings for sure,but it's like we got a small problem, How To Make Dumplings?
Hey, you should know that dumplings are not easy to be made.As a result,I called my mom 13 times in the evening ,and it drove her crazy...lol....
As everybody knows, small kitty needs to grow up,Lily also needs to be an adult.She must try something new and do something all by herself.If it were back home, mom would never let me touch the flour or meat.But it is in Malaysia! Everything is possible here. Yes, don't be afraid and just try.

After 3 hours,my house became battlefield.I've done with it,though it's not that nice as how my mom did. But it was the first time for both Hejing and me. We sat at the table and enjoyed the new year dinner together.
It's so far away from home but I'm happy about all those things we've done.It's a new year and I'm a grown-up.

1 评论:

eyla said...

hi lily..
feel sorry that you couldnt be with your family for Chinese New year celebration. However, it did teach you something right.. to be more independent! if before you didnt know how to make ..dumpling' i guess now it really shows that you are growing up..like you said...k!
good piece of writing. keep it up!